Adventures Elsewhere collects our reviews, guest posts, articles, and other content we've spread across the Internet recently! See what we've been up in our other projects. :D
In light of the new year, we're going to look back on the things that we were most proud of in 2016!
➝ Tumblr, Fandom, and Setting Expectations: on the limitations of Tumblr as a platform for media fandom.
➝ Some thoughts on participating in the Bradford Challege (to avoid reading cis white straight male authors for a year).
➝ Reaction shots for Daredevil Season 2, Captain America: Civil War, and Arrival.
➝I guested on Fangirl Happy Hour three times in 2016: once to talk Jessica Jones, once for Civil War, and once to gush over Kate Elliott and Black Wolves.
➝ A round-up of all the fanfiction I posted in 2016.
➝ Finally, I started doing a semi-weekly collection of links about US politics in December. I won't typically link these here, but feel free to follow the tag on my DW if you're interested.
➝ I started writing reviews for The Lesbrary, which still feels a little new and scary (writing for strangers, ahhhhh), but I am doing my best! I reviewed i love this part by Tillie Walden, Stranger on Lesbos by Valerie Taylor, 1st Impressions by Kate Calloway and We Go Around In The Night And Are Consumed by Fire by Jules Grant.
➝ I wrote SO MUCH FIC. SO. MUCH. I also started to move out of my comfort zone of "mostly gen, some shipbait", so please excuse most of these fic being pairing fic, I am super proud of myself for doing a thing I find difficult.
- Standard Operating Procedure (Final Fantasy VIII: Seifer/Zell, 817 words) "They're probably going to drop us back to cadets for this one, I'm pretty sure they don't let you graduate if you don't know not to set a base on fire while you're still inside!"
- Let's Start Living Dangerously (Uncharted: Nathan Drake & Victor Sullivan, 815 words) Nate can look after himself. He's better at looking after himself than Sully is, anyway.
- As I Fall I Feel (Avengers Academy: Steve Rogers & Tony Stark, 480 words) Nothing makes you appreciate a beautiful evening like destroying Hydra.
- I Wanna Wear You Like A Suit (Avengers Academy: Steve Rogers/Tony Stark, 946 words) Pulling pigtails was old back when Steve was a kid.
- Brain-to-Mouth Filter (The Losers: Cougar/Jensen, 1263 words) "What do you think?" Jensen asked. "Shirt? No shirt? Which one looks less 'Just hiked through a jungle' chic? Or less 'themed stripper'?"
- A History In Murder (Madoka Magica: Homura & Kyubey, 462 words, spoilers for the entire series) Homura has a history with Kyubey, even if only one of them remembers it.
- No Happiness To Be Found (Pandora Hearts: Alice, Raven, 400 words, spoilers through volume 18) They refuse to be cheered up, no matter how hard Alice tries.
➝ I've picked up doing reaction shots again! It's a lot of liveblogging, and it has been so much fun! The ones I enjoyed most: Yuri!!! On Ice, Daredevil episode one, Civil War, X-Men First Class and Days of Future Past and Apocalypse, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens